How do I publish or create my website?
I already have a ready website in my PC, how do I upload them so that it can be accessed from www.mydomainname.com?
- We highly recommend you to upload your files using any FTP client. It would be the fastest and easiest way to upload the files. Free ftp client software available on the internet, here are the list download
- Whether you upload your files using FileZilla, or any other FTP software applications you would need to know these basics:
- When connecting, use the IP Address or domain name “yourdomainname.com” you see in your New Account Information email as the host
- Use the supplied username and password within your New Account Information email as the username and password
- The last thing is very important: always publish or upload your files INTO “/public_html” folder or “/www” folder. They are both the same thing. Make sure you DO NOT upload the files into your root folder or because in order for your website to be accessible through “www.your-domain-name.com”, the files must reside within the “public_html” folder.
I don't have any website yet. I am just about to create one. How do I start?
This is actually not an easy question to answer since there are SO MANY options you can choose. It all depends on what kind of website you are trying to create. We do offer quite many site creation/building systems available for you to choose from. The question is which one is the right one for you?
Below we will try to explain briefly the tools we have provided and what kind of website would be suitable to be created by that tool.
Website Tool: Softaculous
How to use:
- Login to your control panel (cPanel)
- Go to Software / Services. Click the Softaculous icon.
- Click the Install link on the WordPress install section.
- Fill in the WordPress set up information. The following is the necessary information you need to fill in.
- Softaculous will Check the submitted data and install the files to your server for WordPress.
- Click Return to Overview.
Now you will see your WordPress Installation in the Current Installations.
Other than these BASIC website creation tools, we provide a wide range of available website creation systems for you to use. They are all available to create specific websites such as blogs, e-commerce site or online store, forum or message board, photo galleries, community site or portals, dynamic site with content management system, support site, mailing lists, surveys, wiki or encyclopaedia site and others.
To access this available software and try which one is the most suited one for your project, follow this guide:
- Login to your control panel (cPanel)
- Under Software & Services click on Softaculous or QuickInstall
- On the left navigation menu of available software, choose one you like to try or install
- Follow the on-screen installation
- If you encounter any permission error during installation, please submit a support ticket and we will fix the permission for you
- Please note that we only provide installation of this software (with an addon installation package available). If you need guides on how to manage and maintain your site using this available software, you must contact each respective software provider and not our support. We do not provide support for this software other than installation.
The most popular and widely used are WordPress for Blogs, Drupal and Joomla for Portal and CMS site, Phpbb for discussion boards, osCommerce for online store or e-commerce site, Gallery for photo galleries, TikiWiki for wiki or encyclopaedia site, Moodle for eLearning Software, and PHPlist for mailing lists.
More software is available under the Software/Services menu on your control panel. Click on CGI Center, RubyGems, Ruby on Rails and Site Software to see the list of all available software you can use with your website.
Go to Software / Services. Click the Softaculous icon.
I want to hire a website developer to develop my website!
Please contact www.webexpert.co.in team directly. They have years of knowledge of developing website, portal, ecommerce website.